ACTIVITIES: ON BOARD & ASHORE
Activities Ashore: Destination Discoveries
Crystal Cruises / Crystal Adventures: Optional shore excursions are available for purchase on all Crystal Cruises voyages. The shore excursions operators in our ports of call have been fully vetted by Crystal Cruises and are expected
to meet our
standards ensuring a seamless and enjoyable shoreside experience.
- Private Services: For guests wishing to design their private tour the day of arrival in port, we offer half-day or full-day private vehicle and English-speaking guide services (admissions and meals not included), where available. This is an ideal option for guests wanting the flexibility to create their day’s itinerary on the same day they arrive.
- Crystal Private Adventures: If you seek a more customized shore-side experience, the Crystal Excursion Team is happy to create private shore excursions, known as Crystal Private Adventures®. To request Crystal Private Adventures before you embark, please download and print our Crystal Private Adventure Request Form. Complete all required information and fax the form to 310-286-2412 at least 14 business days prior to the voyage departure date.
- “You Care, We care." Voluntourism Adventures: As one of the first luxury lines to fully embrace the notion of combining meaningful and educational tourism with adventure travel, we are very pleased to offer a complimentary “You Care. We Care.” Crystal Voluntourism Adventure on every itinerary (where possible). These adventures focus on hands-on volunteer efforts with no obligation of financial donations. With the goal of improving destinations for future generations, Crystal Voluntourism Adventures allow guests to directly contribute to a need or cause specific to the community we are visiting. The “You Care.” element offers guests the opportunity to make a difference in the places we visit at a very local level, while the “We Care.” portion represents Crystal’s own investment in preserving precious historical sites around the world.
- Crystal Boutique Adventures: Created for and offered exclusively to Crystal guests, these boutique excursions are available to an extremely limited number of participants. Intimate and enriching, they allow you to explore a particular topic of interest or destination in depth, with the guidance of a local expert, usually in a private setting. These adventures have a tour code ending in “B" (eg. FUN-NB) to assist you in easily locating these programs. Examples private visit and luncheon at a family-run winery in Funchal; a private viewing of the Contini Bonacossi Collection at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence; private cooking lesson and village stroll with a Michelin-starred chef in Taormina.
Crystal River Cruises / Crystal Collection: As choice is a pillar of the Crystal Experience®, we have curated a wide selection of
and optional Crystal shore excursions on every itinerary. In each port we visit, there will be at least two Crystal complimentary adventures to choose from.
Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises / Crystal Adventures: Yacht Expedition guests can be as active as they wish, and there will be multiple opportunities during the voyage to enjoy adventures in some of the world’s most coveted
and beautiful yachting locales. In many of the places we visit, you’ll have a choice of two complimentary Crystal Adventures – Cultural Adventures and Expedition Adventures.
Note: Optional submersible and complimentary Marina equipment use are based on destinations’ local rules and regulations and offered at the discretion of the Captain due to weather and sea conditions. Participation in any/all water sports activities requires a mandatory Watersports Waiver to be signed once on board the ship; other restrictions may apply. Ask for details.
Benefits of Booking a Crystal shore excursion:
The shore excursion operators in our ports of call have been fully vetted by Crystal and are expected to meet our
standards ensuring a seamless and enjoyable shoreside experience: Below are the advantages to reserving your Crystal Adventures shore excursions:
• Safety: Operated only by licensed and reliable tour operators that meet and exceed Crystal’s high safety standards and insurance requirements
• Convenience: Drop-off and pick-up points in each port perfectly planned and coordinated with your ship’s arrival and departure
• Quality: Providing the best available qualified guides, modern transportation and an in-depth, authentic luxury touring experience
• Comfort: Limited group size for a more intimate and personalized experience ashore and while sightseeing
• Professional Team: Experienced shore excursions staff available to assist you on board, and ashore
• Crystal River Difference: A Crystal Escort (onboard staff) to accompany most excursions to assist as needed
And for those guests who also purchase our optional Crystal Adventures, we give our following commitment:
• Protection: No penalties in the event of inclement weather, site closures or sailing time changes for flightseeing excursions.
• No Hidden Fees: All-inclusive pricing — all entry fees, admissions, refreshments, meals (where applicable), etc., included as detailed in each shore excursion description
• Book Now — Pay Later: Pre-reserve your Crystal Adventures as early as nine months in advance of your cruise and pay when you disembark the ship. Full–fare guests who have made a deposit and have a booking number may pre-reserve their Crystal Adventures shore excursions online.
* For additional details on our Crystal Adventures programs, disclaimers and information pertaining to Accident, Injury, and Property insurance, as well as a list of excursions where special cancellation conditions apply, please refer to your cruise-specific
electronic tour books.
Activities On Board: Endless Entertainment & Enrichment
Fitness & Wellness
Shopping (Crystal Serenity & Crystal Symphony)